Software Engineer, Ruby/Rails
Atlanta, GA or Remote (United States)
IOU Financial Inc. is a wholesale lender that provides quick and easy access to growth capital to small businesses across the United States and Canada. Using a lending platform (IOU 360) built entirely from the ground up that connects underwriters, merchants and brokers in real time, IOU Financial has become a trusted alternative to banks by originating over $1 billion in loans to fund small business growth since 2009.
As a software engineer, your work will directly impact this platform and its ancillary applications (built using a combination of RoR and React), as well as contribute to the overall growth of the platform, and IOU Financial. You will also work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, analysts, and product managers in building software to help improve the IOU experience.
This role can be filled in the greater Atlanta area, or remotely within the United States.
- You are passionate about software engineering and look forward to make high-quality contributions to modern, production web applications
- You are a great communicator, play nice with others, and have a good balance of talent, humor and initiative.
- You have a good work-life balance.
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Advance our IOU 360 platform (and ancillary applications) to enhance the IOU Financial experience and grow on our small business lending success.
- Help strengthen an engineering team through mentorship, best practices, and adhering to Agile principles.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, 401k, flex spending accounts, laptop and peripherals customized for you, educational resources and conference attendance.
- Options incentives
- The opportunity to work with a small group of people ( <80 employees) who are truly a work family.
- .. and much more!
- Our data engineering stack runs on Ruby, MySQL, and Amazon DMS
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production 1-2 per week.
- We work as a distributed team but of you live in the Greater Atlanta area, you have a desk if you prefer.
Joining IOU Financial means being part of an incredibly talented and hard-working team. We believe in what we do, and take pride in contributing to small businesses across the United States and Canada. We’re driven by the goal of improving the lending experience and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
IOU Financial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.