Kennesaw, GA (with some remote work)
IOU Financial is looking for a Senior Accountant to support the Accounting team. We are looking for a dynamic, highly organized, detail oriented, hard-worker; who is up for a challenge. In this role, you will report to the VP Finance and be responsible for tasks alongside the team.
Daily tasks will include both junior level and senior level assignments. Examples of these tasks would include but are not limited to; bank & cash reconciliation, accounts payable, loan monitoring, daily batches, portfolio metrics, as well as month-end and balance sheets, P&Ls, and other reportings.
The Senior Accountant may at times oversee the completion of projects and assignments. Execution of projects would include planning, process improvement, monitoring, reviewing, and evaluating results. At times identifying key barriers and core problems would result in applying problem-solving skills to deal creatively with complex situations.
The person best suited for this role will be someone well versed in Accounting that can work independently but that also must be a team player; that can take on any junior or high level responsibility to produce effective end results that positively impact the organization.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial statements for enterprise including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements and other operational and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and in compliance with the company’s internal policies.
- Create monthly journal entries, conduct analyses and account reconciliations, as assigned and required, to accurately close month, quarter and year end making adjustments as necessary and or required.
- Review accounting related matters for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Payroll, tax, monthly, quarterly, and annual closing.
- Oversee entities (as assigned) accounting related matters, including chart of accounts, AR, AP, GL, Payroll, tax, monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- Responding to and assisting with management as needed with financial information requests, responds to general accounting questions.
- Assists in the timely execution of external audits with outcome.
- This includes fluency of operating data and the coordination of systems, procedures and special reports.
- Maintains strict confidentiality ensuring company privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded.
- Execute any other related tasks and support VP Finance in his duties and assumes othe responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior Staff Account or Sr. Staff Accountant experience
- Result driven and speed for execution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience in understanding Revenue Recognition, Cash Applications, Accruals, Prepaids, Depreciation, Fixed Assets, deferred rent schedules, debt and making monthly journal entries to record transactions and prepare monthly reconciliations to support balance sheet accounts.
- Ability to understand business processes and apply knowledge to maintain multiple general ledgers for multiple entities/companies.
- Solid understanding of inter-company transactions and reconciliations.
- Expertise in working with ERP and Database data and summarizing results in Excel.
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 3 years or more of experience in a similar position
- Financial Reporting for public or private companies, including full suite of financial statements under GAAP
- Prefered public company experience, including full suite of financial statements under GAAP (SOX 404)
- Proficient in Excel. Experience in Vlookups, Sumifs, Pivot Tables, Powerpivot, PowerBI, MS Access is a preferred advantage.