Women in the U.S. are taking their careers more seriously than ever before as well as the necessary steps to become entrepreneurs. Since 2007, there are 45% more female-owned businesses—which currently employ 9 million people in this country.
Although women have been making significant progress in the business world in recent years, it is still mostly run and controlled by men. As such, females need their own communities to help them with the motivation to succeed, resources to start their own business and support to meet the challenges head on. The following online communities are great choices for women entrepreneurs:
This community targets those females who want to become entrepreneurs, or are in the first stages of developing their ideas. A common barrier to the process is fear and the belief that they can’t do it, so Chic CEO provides resources to help women conquer their fears.
The site offers tutorials and advice from actual business owners that is easy to understand and follow. Check out the following resources:
- 3 Day Chic Start: an online tutorial that focuses on customer service and brand development
- Business Plan format guide
- Resource Center that recommends books, interviews with other professionals and more
As the name itself suggests, this online community empowers women to follow their dreams and live up to their full potential. This site targets female Los Angeles business owners and professionals, sharing local events, stories, advice and resources to empower females.
Started by professional writer, Lydia Mack, Yes She Can offers several cool features:
- Sole news source for female LA entrepreneurs
- Calendar with hand selected events, such as conferences, lectures, meetups and workshops to help women advance in their careers
- Weekly newsletter with strategies to improve both the personal and professional lives of women
- Monthly meetups where members meet on the first Friday of every month to network and share their thoughts and advice
Note: Although this group is Los Angeles based, it is a great example of local groups throughout the country. With an easy online search, females can find meetups and meetings in their areas.
This organization was created by Facebook’s Founder and Board Chair, Sheryl Sandberg. Named after a book she wrote, Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead, this site is dedicated to aiding women in their quest to follow their ambitions.
They accomplish their goal in three ways:
- Create Circles, where over 37,000 different groups of women meet throughout the world to discuss their objectives and create plans to succeed
- Create awareness campaigns to educate the public about important issues surrounding the success of women, and men’s role in this process
- Create tutorials, videos and discussion guides for both men and women on helping females succeed in the business world
If you are a female entrepreneur who has a great idea for a new business, but lack funding, turn to IOU Financial. Our company is committed to helping both men and women follow their dreams and ambitions. Contact us today at www.ioufinancial.com to find out about our easy business loans of up to $300,000!